Missing Person Trainings in California in January
In early January, VIPS will be joining the University of North Texas Health Science Center (UNT) in Fresno, Los Angeles, and El Cajon to host trainings to educate sworn law enforcement officers and VIPS volunteers on using the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) and other resources to help support missing person and unidentified decedent cases.
- Tuesday, January 8 - Fresno,California
- Wednesday, January 9 - Los Angeles, California
- Friday, January 11 - El Cajon, California
Each session will run from 8:00am-5:00pm.
NamUs is a national centralized repository and resource center for missing persons and unidentified decedent records that can be searched by medical examiners, coroners, law enforcement officials, and the general public. Through this new partnership between UNT and VIPS, trained and vetted volunteers with proper departmental approval and supervision will be able to input data and run searches on NamUs for their law enforcement agency.
- Fresno – January 8
- Location – Fresno Regional Training Center - 6375 W. Central Avenue, Fresno, CA 93706
- To register email FPDVolunteerUnit@Fresno.Gov
- Los Angeles – January 9
- Location – LAPD Deaton Hall Auditorium – 100 West 1st Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
- To register email Carrie.Sutherland@unthsc.edu
- El Cajon – January 11
- Location - El Cajon Police Department -100 Civic Center Way, El Cajon, CA 92020
- To register email email@example.com